September 2004–until now Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Department of Western European Languages and Literature; Position: Teacher of English language
January 2013–until now Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees; Position: Deputy Head of International Relations Department
- Coordinate the process of cooperation with international organizations and the diplomatic corps;
- Maintain correspondence and reporting to the relevant stakeholders;
- Represent the Ministry at the meeting and conferences in the country or outside;
- Prepare and conclude agreement documents on cooperation with international organizations;
- Coordinate information on projects dealing with the Ministry beneficiaries and implemented by International organizations;
- Initiate suggestions concerning cooperation with international organization;
- Insure implementation and adherence to international obligations and principles in the course of the ministry’s work;
- Monitor updating of the ministry’s web-page;
- Perform other relevant duties.
September 2012–October 2012 OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission in Georgia; Position: Office Coordinator.
- Organize mission briefings and official meetings;
- Disseminate mission official documentation;
- Coordinate the cooperation with international and national NGOs, governmental agencies, international organizations and embassies;
- Analyze election related domestic legislature;
November 2011–September 2012 Action against Hunger (ACH), project - “Repatriation of Meskhetians in Georgia”; Position: Deputy Program Coordinator.
- Provide support in the design and implementation of the programme implementation;
- Ensure direct oversight and management of legal component programme;
- Oversee team and programme in the absence of the Programme Manager;
- Act as the focal point for all legal related issues within the framework of the repatriation program;
- Provide legal advice and support to ACF legal team and liaison officers in Azerbaijan and give regular updates on regulations;
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of information dissemination activities implemented by ACF in Georgia and Azerbaijan.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff members as required;
- Carry out evaluation of the team members;
- Closely liaise with appropriate government ministry representatives and relevant stakeholders;
- Provide activity reports and the reports to the authorities or external partners when necessary;
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of program impact;
- Participate in the program budget management.
March 2010–November 2011 UNHCR/MRA (Ministry of IDPs from the Occupied Territories, Refugees and Accommodation), Capacity Building of the MRA in implementing the Action Plan on IDPs; Position: Project Liaison Officer.
- Coordinate the work of the project regional staff;
- Organize the work of the Steering Committee and Temporary Expert Groups (members of which are the international donor organizations, INGOs, local governmental and non-governmental organizations, governmental agencies);
- Draft project progress reports related to the implementation of the IDP State Strategy and Work Plan;
- Lead short-term micro-projects on IDPs within the Ministry;
- Participate in drafting strategic documents on IDPs;
- Participate in the strategic documentations preparation by the Supervision board;
- Draw up reports about progress of Project performance;
December 2010-December 2011 Slovak Aid, Support to adaptation and tailor made assistance in integration of the IDP families in Khobi region in Georgia; Position: Project Manager.
- Provide the detailed analysis of the present state of the provided support to IDPs on the regional level in Georgia (state budget, municipality budget, projects and grants);
- Work out the Strategy for coordination and subdivision of the support for IDPs;
- Elaborate the Action Plan for implementation.
January 2010 – September 2011 Human Rights Priority - NGO; Position: International Human Rights Lawyer.
- Prepare and submit applications on the human rights violations (on the war crimes, violations of the right to information, violation of the right to fair trial etc) to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
October 2009-January 2010 Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) Prague Office of the Secretariat; Position: Researcher.
- Conduct research about the effectiveness of the HCNM’s Office (High Commissioner on National Minorities of the OSCE) in mitigating the ethnic conflict in Georgia;
- Take part in a general record audit of various collections of the OSCE historical archive of conference documents located on premises;
December 2005–September 2008 “Swedish Support to the Dairy Sector of Georgia”, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia (MoA); Position: Project Officer.
- Coordinate the process of community mobilizing (formation of Farmers’ Associations) in the conflict zone of South Ossetia;
- Participate in the process of designing the micro projects for the South Ossetian Region;
- Organize and participate in conducting the interviews and field surveys;
- Ensure the inclusion of ethnic minorities in the interviews and surveys;
- Maintain a comprehensive and high quality reporting system to MoA, SIDA and GRM International;
September 2008-September 2009 University of Essex, Colchester, Essex, UK
MA in Theory and Practice of Human Rights.
January 1999-September 2007 Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Department of Law; Certified Specialist’s Diploma (Majoring in Constitutional/Administrative Law).
October 2002–June 2004 Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University; Department of Western European Languages and Literature; American Studies graduate program; Master of Arts in American Studies .
September 1998-June 2002 Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University; Department of Western European Languages and Literature; Bachelor’s course in the specialty of English; Bachelor of Philology.
2007-2008 Member of the Young Georgian Lawyers’ Association ;
2004-2008 Member of the Center for American Studies ;
2003–2004 Member of the Coordinative Center for International Women Diplomacy .
- The Effectiveness of the HCNM’s office in the mitigation of ethnic conflict in Georgia; OSCE Prague Office, 2009;
- MA thesis in Human Rights Theory and Practice – “Critical Analysis of the Role of the Human Rights Regime on the Russia Georgia Conflict Resolution” (2009, University of Essex, Colchester, UK);
- “Effectiveness of the Human Rights Regime on the Russia-Georgia Conflict Resolution”, (Lambert Academic Publishing, 21 December 2010-http://www.amazon.com/Russia-Georgia-Conflict-Resolution-Effectivevess-International/dp/3843386536/ref=sr_1_1/192-1052247-1273661?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295008109&sr=1-1)
21-22 March, 2012 Training course in Monitoring and Evaluation (Action Against Hunger, Tbilisi, Georgia);
March – July 2011 Training course in General Management, (GIPA, Tbilisi, Georgia)
15-22 November 2010 Training course in Report Writing Principles and Skills, (CTC, Tbilisi, Georgia)
July-August 2008 Summer school in Bilgi University, Istanbul, course on Academic Writing)
14-21 February, 2007 Training course in Group Facilitation Methods (Effective Methods of Facilitation)
OSI/Chevening scholarship in Human Rights Theory and Practice, 2008, Istanbul, Turkey;
Iv.Djavakhishvili Tbilisi State University. Faculty: Western European Languages and Literature. The Ist place winner- at the7th student Cult urology conference 2002, 18 May, theme-“Effect of technology at the study process”,organized by ETAG (English Language Teachers Association of Georgia) ;
Iv.Djavakhishvili Tbilisi State University-winner of the 2001 English Language Scientific Student conference- Theme-” Americanism in the English phonetics”.
Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet;
Georgian – Native, English – Fluent, Russian – Fluent.