“Supporting reintegration of the returned Georgian Migrants”Program
Deriving from the importance of the topic the Government of Georgia strengthened its support of the reintegration of the returned Georgian migrants. As for the recent experience, there has been allocated special fund in the state budget amounting 400,000 GEL for supporting reintegration of the returned Georgian migrants in 2015.
The Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees of Georgia issued state grant for the Non-Governmental Organizations in Georgia within the program “The reintegration assistance to returned Georgian migrants.” The grant supports the reintegration process of the Georgian migrants as well as the strengthening of the non-governmental sector in the same regard.
The allocated money is delivered on the implementation of the grant projects providing following service for the returned Georgian migrants:
- funding of micro business projects presented by the beneficiaries;
- temporary accommodation;
- funding of professional and re-trainings for returnees
- promotion of paid internships;
- provision of first aid and basic medicine, counting psychosocial rehabilitation, to the returnees;
- legal aid funding for Georgian returned migrants
- Financing public awareness programs, supporting raising public involvement and awareness on the migration related issues.
A returned Georgian migrant is eligible to participate in the program if:
- She/he is a citizen of Georgia or a stateless person with the residence permit in Georgia;
- She/he was residing abroad illegally for more than one year, or had asylum application abroad;
- She/he has arrived in Georgia less than one year ago.
The projects will be implemented in Tbilisi, Kvemo Kartli, Mtskheta-Mtianeti, Samtskhe-Javakheti, Shida Kartli and Samegreli-Zemo Svaneti regions in each and every direction of the grant program. As for the rest of the regions, there is being implemented the reintegration program of the International Organization for Migration, providing identical services as the governmental program for returned Georgian migrants.
The winner NGOs implementing state reintegration program are as follows:
- International Union for Migration, Integration and Development –“MIDE”
- Public Defender
- Charity Humanitarian Centre “Apkhazeti”
- Fund for Demographic Development;
- Young Barristars
- VIPR Group
For further details regarding the State Reintegration Program for Returned Georgian Migrants,
please contact us:
Tel: (+995) 32 243 11 00
(+995) 32 231 13 37
Address: Tamarashvili Str., 15 a, 0177,